Our client, a reputable & well established Private Hospital, is looking for Staff Nurses to join their O&G department. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the Labour Ward,preferably from a hospital setting.
- Attractive remuneration package with AWS and PB.
- 21 days AL.
- Opportunities for career growth!
In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of L/D Nurses include:
- Sits with and monitors patient throughout (before/during/after) the labor.
- Monitors contractions and helps patient with breathing techniques.
- Performs basic IV and central line skills.
- Performs phlebotomy skills.
- Knowledge of hemodynamics.
- Administers pain medication as ordered; administers other meds to address specific medical conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes.
- Takes and records patient’s vital signs, ascertains if problematic.
- Reads fetal monitor & ascertains if there is a problem with baby’s heart rate.
- Identifies & manages life-sustaining physiological functions in unstable patients.
- Checks patient’s cervix periodically to monitor progression/lack of dilation.
- Ensures patient’s bed is kept dry & clean; cleans up bodily fluids expelled before & after the birthing
- Contacts anesthesia when/if patient is ready for epidural; contacts delivering physician at appropriate time,
ascertains proper time.
- Cares for patients on Pitocin, MgSO4 & continuous lumbar epidural.
- Ensures the patient is in proper position for delivery & all monitoring equipment is functioning properly.
- Aids doctor with drapes, gloves, gowns, etc.; hands doctor delivery instruments as needed during birthing
- Encourages patient to push at proper time(s).
- Records time of birth.
- Immediate care of newborn (clean, weigh, etc.).
- Gives Apgar scores
- At least a Diploma in Nursing.
- Must be registered with the Singapore Nursing Board.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience is required.
- Willing to work on 3 shifts/ 6 days including weekends & PH.