Our client, a fully government-run acute setting, is looking for Senior/Staff Nurses for their Nephrology department - Dialysis unit.
The ideal candidate would be SNB registered and have a minimum of 2 years of experience working within the Dialysis units - Hemodialysis/Peritoneal Dialysis.
- Attractive remuneration package with AWS, PB and other benefits (medical/dental etc)
- AL 21 days and above
- Fixed work location
- 2 shift duty!
- Participates in the planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care within the hemodialysis clinical setting.
- Undertakes clinical/patient assessments pre, during and post dialysis treatment to evaluate the effectiveness of care
- Adheres to Policies and Work Instructions related to vascular access care and management
- Reviews blood test results and report to Medical Director of any abnormalities
- Educates patients on their diet, fluid, medications and blood pressure management to optimize their clinical outcomes
- Motivates and encourages the patient’s adjustment to dialysis.
- Monitors the water treatment system and fluid for dialysis to ensure provision of safe, quality dialysis therapies
- Protects the rights of patients by adhering to Privacy Principles and providing an excellent standard of care
- Establish an effective relationship with patients and maintain good communication with patients and relatives; and give adequate support.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitudes at all times.
- Use staff ‘performance review’ constructively for personal and professional development.
- Responsible for own professional development and provides education to colleagues, patients and visitors.
- Ensures/promotes a safe, secure and healthy working environment to staff and a comfortable, safe environment for visitors and patients as detailed in the IPC and environment policies
- Ensure all equipment is clean, safe and in good working condition; and report defects through appropriate channels.
- Must have Hemodialysis / Peritoneal dialysis experience.
- Advanced training in Dialysis is a plus.
- Able to work 2-rotating shifts & on-calls duty
- Hold a valid registration with the Singapore Nursing Board.
- Possess a Diploma / Bachelor Degree in Nursing educational qualification.