Our client, who is a well-known Private Healthcare provider, is looking for qualified, geriatric experienced Occupational Therapist to join their DRC team.
5 days work, office hours.
Excellent remuneration with AWS, PB, VB & other benefits.
Assist in fulfilling the mission of the Organisation.
Assist the Organisation in the following areas:
(a) Clinical Care
- Responsible for the accurate assessment and appropriate treatment for clients admitted to SLEC.
- Provide a high standard of Occupational Therapy (OT) services for assigned caseloads, including dementia care, in line with MOH service requirements.
- Provide coverage of OT services to assigned centers.
- Maintain up to date documentation in accordance with MOH requirements including:
- Initial assessment
- Therapy goals
- Individualized care plan
- Multidisciplinary meetings
- Treatment updates (using SOAP format)
- Discharge planning
- Work as a multidisciplinary team and attend case conferences, team meetings, and family meetings.
- Provide home visits, home modification and caregiver training as required to facilitate the continuity of care for our clients.
- Submit applications for schemes such as eSMF when necessary.
- Maintain safety and upkeep of all OT equipment and resources in Day Rehab.
- Review and assist in the implementation of activities in the assigned daycare centers (MDC/DDC/EDC).
- Provide overall guidance and supervision to Dementia Care Team and daycare staff involve in dementia care.
- Referral to external organizations as necessary (eg. Social Work Department)
(b) Administration Duties
- Engage with relevant agencies relating to OT.
- Supervise therapy associates/assistants.
- Document and report adverse incidents as necessary.
- Maintain a neat and tidy workplace.
- Collect and submit monthly statistics to Cluster OT.
(c) Training and Education
- Participate and give talks for department CEP.
- Provide supervision to assigned OT students/interns.
- Provide OT related training to other professionals/staff, students, volunteers and the community.
- Provide training for dementia care and activity engagement (at the group and individualized level) for daycare staff.
(d) Research and Quality Improvement Projects
- Participate in research and QI activities at the departmental and organizational level.
- Ensure clients’ safety at all times.
- Assist in the preparation of information and reports as required.
- Assist in identifying issues relating to the provision of OT services in the DRC/daycare center, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Full registration with AHPC.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working with the elderly population.