Our client, who is a well-known healthcare provider for Elderly patients, is looking for a Senior/Occupational Therapist to join them. The ideal candidate will have experience handling geriatric patients and preferably with experience in dementia care.
5 days work, 9 am to 6 pm
Excellent remuneration & benefits.
AL - 21 days
1) Provide occupational therapy assessment and intervention for persons with dementia and their caregivers at ADA New Horizon Centres and/or Caregiver Support Centre.
2) Assess the wellbeing of persons with dementia and implement person-centered strategies to address behaviors of concern and enhance activity engagement.
3) Conduct individual or group interventions.
4) Provide occupational therapy consultation, training and support to relevant members of the care team, family caregivers, and domestic helpers.
1) Facilitate case conferences with the care team.
2) Design and implement activity programmes for persons with dementia for centre-based/ home-based services.
3) Evaluate programmes/ services using Person-Centred tools such as the Bradford well-being profile and Dementia Care Mapping.
4) Provide clinical supervision or coaching for junior occupational therapists, therapy assistants and/ or eldersitters.
- Diploma/ Degree in Occupational Therapy recognized by the Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC)
- Has obtained full registration with AHPC
- At least 2 years of professional practice experience
For Senior position - 5 to 7 years of professional practice experience with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working in dementia care, geriatrics or mental health settings preferred.