Our client - a prestigious & well-known healthcare provider in the ILTC sector, is looking for a Principal Occupational Therapist to join them.
The ideal candidate will provide evidence-based clinical services with the multidisciplinary team, manages complex cases, helps to lead a workgroup, reviews clinical protocols, assists in the planning and development of new services, conducts quality assurance audits and in-services, mentors the juniors, co-ordinates students on clinical attachment, co-ordinates manpower and manages day-to-day operations, optimize use of resources, report on monthly service indicators as well as workload statistics for the workgroup, and may also be involved in professional education and clinical research as well as participate in quality assurance projects and organize public education events.
Basic salary - S$5500 - S$6500 (AWS & PB as well!)
5 days work, office hours (8 am to 5 30 pm)
Reporting to the Head of the Allied Health Service, following are the responsibilities:
1) Professional / Clinical duties
- Assess, evaluate, plan and treat residents with a variety of disabilities for optimal care.
- Assist to develop and evaluate clinical protocols and standards.
- Assist to review and/or conduct and present research projects.
- Assist to develop existing or new services.
2) Service Operations
- Manage or assist the day-to-day operations of the group or section.
- Attend to service breakdowns and assist to perform service recovery.
- Assist to formulate and implement disaster plans when necessary.
3) Training & Development
- Review in-service programmes and conduct training for therapists, support staff and other health care professionals.
- Assist to identify and develop staff for further training and upgrading.
-Participate in the training of external graduate or post-graduate Therapists or other professionals.
4) Performance Management
- Collate statistics to monitor the performance of staff and section.
- Evaluate and appraise junior staff performance on direct report.
- Guide and supervise a group or groups of therapists or support staff.
5) Quality Assurance
- Ensure that staff complies with clinical protocols and service standards.
- Assist to conduct regular quality assurance audit.
- Participate in quality assurance projects or audits.
6) Departmental development and policy - making
- Assist the head of Allied Health Services in planning and monitoring department manpower and budget.
- Assist the head of Allied Health Services in developing and implementing department policies, procedures and plans.
- Update and manage department documents and manuals.
7) Human Resource management
- Manage junior staff disciplinary issues under direct report.
8) Increase profile of the profession
- Assist or organize departmental, inter-departmental,
division, organization or public events.
- Conduct talks for external parties.
- Contribute towards increased profile of the department
and profession through public communication and media.
- Be involved in the organization’s committees or external
- Disseminate organization and departmental policies and plans to staff.
- Foster open communication between staff for better understanding.
- Liaise with other members of the Healthcare Team,
external members of the profession and external vendors.
- Assist to communicate with members of other
departments, and manage inter-departmental issues.
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy with full AHPC registration.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- Supervisory skills
- Good analytic & problem-solving skills
- PC literate