Our Client, who is a well known Healthcare Organization, is looking for a Pediatric experienced Occupational Therapist to join them. The ideal candidate would be working with kids below 6 years of age with mild to moderate childhood disorders.
Location - North East
5 days work, 8 30 am to 5 30 pm
AL 18 days
Good Remuneration and benefits!
Duties & Responsibilities
1. To work with students on a one-to-one or group setting based on their levels of functioning
2. To evaluate and document students’ occupational therapy needs and progress at regular intervals, monitor training programmes and review their effectiveness
3. To provide occupational therapy consultation, support, and update on the student’s progress and status to relevant members of the rehabilitation team and caregivers
4. To be involved in discussions of student-related issues with caregivers
5. To maintain efficient occupational therapy records of student and document the following: a) Initial assessment b) Reassessment c) Therapy goals, aims and objectives d) Review therapy plan when necessary e) Schedule planning f) Discharge planning when child is referred to SPED schools g) Maintain database of all students h) Number of students i) Number of hours spent in direct and indirect therapy related works
6. To engage in administrative duties relevant to departmental work
7. To evaluate of effectiveness/relevance of the programme.
8. To keep abreast of latest development in service delivery of occupational therapy-related areas to ensure that therapy programmes are kept updated.
9. To conduct in-house training programmes for relevant staff/caregivers/volunteers in the organization.
10. To assess and identify individual needs of students and formulate/develop and implement appropriate individualized occupational therapy programmes. These would include Activities for Daily Living, upper limb function and control, sensory and perceptual skills, cognition, behavior and social skills training, pre-vocational assessment, etc
11. To comply with NCSS/MSF requirements: SSR, PES & QA
12. To be involved in research where possible, relevant to areas of occupational therapy service delivery.
13. To work with the multi-disciplinary team in integrating the students into the community by-
a) Attending relevant meetings and give the necessary input
b) Undertaking responsibility and duties as assigned by the HOD/Management/Director
• Minimum Diploma/ Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience in a school setting is advantageous
• Registered with Singapore’s Allied Health Professions Council
• Able to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team
• Hardworking, meticulous and responsible
• Interest in working with children with special needs