Our client, a reputable Eldercare Organization, is looking for a Nurse Clinician to join them.
- Excellent remuneration and benefits!
- Opportunities for career growth!
- 5 days work, office hours with minimal traveling.
- Location: West
The NC leads, coordinates and implement care, teaching and counseling to ensure personalized and cost-effective care is provided by nursing staff to residents in accordance with established policies and procedures, standards of nursing care and practices. Responsible for clinical practice and staff competency in the ward assigned.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties (80%)
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care of residents with complex healthcare needs according to updated standards of nursing practice.
- Conducts teaching and counseling for residents and their families/carers.
- Initiates and ensures implementation of discharge planning for residents with potential for discharge.
- Ensures residents' care delivery is carried out according to established standards of care and practice.
- Ensures written policies and SOP is available and up to date to guide nursing practices.
- Provides direct care to residents to ensure compliance to standards
- Ensures smooth transition of residents from acute to chronic care and back to the community where possible.
- Conducts nursing audits on nursing care standards and initiates strategies to resolve non-adherence issues.
- Directs and facilitates staff development, skills and competency upgrading through in-house training, approved online learning or formal education opportunities.
- Guides orientation/induction programs and preceptorship for new staff.
- Supports the SNM in nursing home management and deputizes her in her absence.
Secondary Responsibilities and duties (20%)
- Acts as a resource person to the nurse manager in clinical nursing and nursing training matters.
- Promotes evidence-based practices or nursing care delivery.
- Demonstrates awareness of current nursing and health care practices
- Monitors and analyzes trends and changing needs of residents in institutional settings.
- Conducts quality improvement/research projects
- Champions training/quality improvement projects
- Contributes to performance appraisals of staff nurses, assistant nurses, nursing aides and healthcare assistants.
- Takes on additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned by Senior Nurse Manager/Director of Nursing.
- Locally Trained Registered Nurse with Advanced Diploma in Nursing/Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent preferred.
- Foreign Trained Registered Nurse with Degree or Diploma in Nursing with Board Pass (Professional Regulation Council, PRC)
- Registration with Singapore Nursing Board
- Experience working in the same position preferably within the eldercare settings
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Valid & Full SNB license & BCLS.