· Lead the nursing team in delivering excellent care to residents and offering quality support to the nursing department.
· Responsible for nursing administration, and accountability for supervision of the nursing department for compliance with MOH guidelines.
·Periodically review, update, formulate and promulgate the philosophy and objectives of the nursing department and ensure that they are understood and practised by the staff.
· Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern intermediate long term care facility operations.
· Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing department.
· Establish and maintain procedures that ensure that the nursing staff have valid licenses and credentials.
·Participate in on-going quality assurances/risk management programs for the nursing department.
·Lead and facilitate the nursing cross-functional committees and projects, ensuring there is robust Workplace Safety & Health culture within the team. Serve as an agent of change and innovation and drive service quality initiatives.
· Possess a Degree in Nursing with post basic qualification
·Minimum 10 years’ in nursing and 5 years’ managerial position
·Proven track record of strong leadership and clinical skills
·Possess a valid practising license with the Singapore Nursing Board
·Strong organizational skills, good communication, interpersonal and writing skills
·Passionate about working with and serving people